Providing Solutions to Your Portland Home Buying Questions
Buying a Portland home is filled with both pitfalls and thrills. This is especially true if you're a first-time Portland home buyer. It really makes no difference if you have purchased many homes or if this is your first home purchase, buyers at every experience level always benefit from these frequently asked questions.
Before You Search For Portland Homes for Sale!
Before you jump directly into your Portland MLS property search, I suggest you prepare yourself for the journey ahead by educating yourself to key elements to the Portland home buying process. This will insure you are a knowledgeable Portland home buyer prepared for the many home buying decisions you will encounter in the days ahead.
Q - I've heard it’s a good idea to have a Portland real estate agent when I’m ready to search for homes in Portland. Can you explain why this is so?
A – Unless you decide to “agree” to work exclusively with a single Portland real estate agent, you could be working with an agent who is actually represents and works for the seller. Remember, all Portland real estate agents must help the seller secure the most money and the best terms. Unless you agree to enter into an agreement to have a Portland real estate agent represent your best interest as an exclusive buyer’s agent, you could be working with an agent who represents the seller. Here are a few smart reasons why you should enter into an Exclusive Buyer’s Agency agreement with me, Gabby Tyer, as your Portland real estate agent:
- As your Exclusive Portland Buyer’s agent, I will educate you to the different relationships that exist in Portland real estate agency law.
- Entering into an exclusive buyer’s agency relationship, I promise to protect you from legal peril, educate you to the Portland home buying process and make recommendations about negotiating the best price and terms for your next Portland real estate purchase.
- I will advise you on critical Portland real estate market data that will help you craft a solid offer to purchase once you’ve found the Portland home of your dreams.
- Together with a Portland mortgage consultant, we will carefully review your budget and begin to determine which method of financing your Portland home makes the most financial and practical sense based on your budget and your situation.
As your Portland home buying specialist, I'll protect your home buying interest and manage the details of the Portland real estate transaction on your behalf to your complete satisfaction. For more experienced buyers, a little brush up on the Portland real estate process wouldn't be a bad idea either. Of course, you'll need a really sharp Portland real estate agent like me to protect your interest as well!
Q – The news is filled with horror stories about foreclosures and bad choices made by home buyers when selecting mortgage products. How can I avoid making a these same terrible mistakes when deciding which type of loan to select to finance my Portland home purchase?
A – Once we meet, I will recommend several local Portland area mortgage professionals. When meeting with a local lending professional, make sure you feel completely comfortable with that individual. Together, we will review your finances. Remember, it is important you have utmost confidence in your lender and always ask for their best rates and terms. They should speak to you in easy to understand terms. I suggest you ask many questions and never ever sign any document until you know what you are signing and feel completely at ease before signing anything. More and more lending consultants are recommending fix interest rate loans. Because fixed interest rates are still relatively attractive, this is one option among many to consider. Of course, what type of loan is best for you depends on your needs and your financial situation. Below are several factors for you to consider:
- What available funds do you have for earnest money, a down payment and anticipated closing cost?
- How long you plan to live in your Portland home?
- Do you qualify for either a FHA or VA loan?
Here is the good news, because there are more homes are on the market here in Portland, your choices are plentiful. Right now could be the very best time for you to purchase the home of your dreams here in the greater Multnomah County area!
Let's Get Started!
Are you ready to schedule your initial Portland home buying consultation? If so, contact me, Gabby Tyer today and we will meet to review your Portland home buying options to help you find the right Portland home for you!