Getting Your Portland Home Ready to Sell
With the proliferation of TV shows on creating great curb appeal, more and more smart Portland home sellers are taking extra measures to make sure their home makes the best first impression possible. Let’s face the facts; no Portland home is ready for the market until you have tackled some critical areas in and around your property. The purpose of this Portland home seller article is to give you a “can’t miss” strategy to ensure your Portland home is positioned ahead of your home’s competition.
When getting your Portland home ready for the market, consider these easy to implement curb appeal and staging tips:
1. Trim the shrubs and mow the lawn. OK, I know this advice is a given, but you would be surprised how many Portland home sellers fail to get this detail right!
2. Add fresh mulch and a splash of color to your flower beds.
3. Power wash the drive and the exterior siding of your Portland home.
4. Make a real positive statement and add accent lighting and up lighting to your landscape. Remember, more Portland home buyers are riding around in the evenings after work looking at Portland homes for sale. Plus, landscape lighting adds an element of safety and security to your property with illumination.
5. Make sure your entry way to your front stoop is free of clutter, warm and inviting. To accomplish this, add some color here with a planter pot of blooming flowers.
6. Add a fresh coat of paint to your entry door.
7. Clutter happens in the yard too. Remove the ATV’s, the RV and any other adult toys along with toys for the children too. Consider storing these items until you move to your next home.
8. Kennel the pooch or the cat once the home is on the market. Many buyers are either allergic or frightened by animals.
9. De-clutter the home removing excess furniture and personal knick-knack items. Family portraits and collectibles create distractions and make it challenging for the buyer to visual their belongings in your space.
10. Clean-clean-clean! Highlight your storage capacity in the kitchen and the baths by removing excess items. Keep the countertops free of clutter.
This is just a start. Remember, Portland home buyers would prefer your property be in “move in condition”. So take care of those nagging repairs like the broken light fixture and those dripping faucets before your Portland home makes its debut on the market!
Are You Ready to List Your Portland Home on the Market?
If you are ready to place your Portland home on the market and would like a home evaluation, contact me, Gabby Tyer and together we will form a powerful team to help you achieve your goals. Contact me, Gabby Tyer for your initial home review today!